“My heart! It beats so!…”

September 28, 2005 · Print This Article

“… I can scarce hear my lovah’s approach!” (Hardcore Gilligan’s Island fans will know EXACTLY how that should be pronounced. Gotta roll that R, yo? Couldn’t resist.) But, seriously? My heart? It totally DOES beat so.

You have been reminded. I wash my hands of it. That is all.

Comments

7 Responses to ““My heart! It beats so!…””

1. WILLIAM on September 28th, 2005 1:39 pm

Is that the Shakespeare on with Harold Heckubah? Gilligan Island not Veronica Mars.

2. Cat on September 28th, 2005 3:33 pm

*crickets*

And… We have a WINNAH! William wins! AGAIN!

Dude. You’re on a roll.

And I must say, it’s been 20 some odd years since I first heard Mrs. Howell utter those words, in probably the most annoying delivery on television EVER, and I STILL can’t get it out of my head! And Gilligan! In the wig and toga thingy! Good times.

3. WILLIAM on September 28th, 2005 5:18 pm

(Music) “To be or not to be that is the questions that I ask of thee”

“Do not forget stay out of debt”

I was a serious Gilligan Junkie

4. Di on September 28th, 2005 6:57 pm

ooohh…is that the one where Gilligan sings “(blah, blah)…nor a lender be, Do not forget, Stay out of debt…”? Because seriously that pops into my head from time to time and I can not get it out!

5. mrtl on September 29th, 2005 12:36 am

O M G – VM? I’ll say no more since I’m sure you’re preparing an appropriate, Cattish review.

What are they going to do with Kyle Secor? I see he’s the First Dude on that new show with Gina Davis.

6. Cat on September 29th, 2005 5:15 am

Kyle is supposed to make a few appearances this season, or at least that’s what I hear. For the Aaron Echolls trial is my guess…

And oh yes, I couldn’t HELP but post a review of sorts. So much DRAMA!

7. Glenn on July 10th, 2016 8:10 am

The Gilligan’s Island episode where Mrs. Howell says “My heart, it beats so, I can scarce hear my lover’s approach.” is not the 3rd season “The Producer” (the Phil Silvers as Harold Hecuba episode) but the first season episode “Angel on the Island.” The play is not “Hamlet” but “Pyramid for Two.”

Got something to say?