Mom, Your Freudian Slip is Showing

October 15, 2010 · Print This Article

So, I’m just going to say it.

I hate FarmVille. HATE! IT! Oh, ho ho, yes I DID just go there! Fiery passion? A thousand suns?! You know the drill.

Honestly. With its never-ending stream of Facebook updates– all the lost sheep and queen bees and stupid strawberry markets, which is not to even mention all the crazy talk about a bushel and a peck of baby corn and whatnot. It’s insanity! Sheer craziness! I mean, it’s no POKEMON, people! Good LORD! You can’t even battle other farmers or evolve your livestock into exciting new breeds of super strong livestock! That can FLY and stuff!

I mean, think about it. You’re essentially working a farm (key word being “working”) for fake money and experience points in your downtime (and don’t think we don’t notice those 4 AM status updates, weirdos). Working! During downtime! For no fiscal remuneration whatsoever. And you can’t even travel around FarmVille on your special flying Pikachu!

Well. That makes the kind of sense that… DOESN’T. I’m only saying.

(And if my kiddos happen to say I was up at 4 AM this morning downloading a special Mew Pokemon Mystery Gift to my DS from Nintendo Wi-Fi, well I WORK so I am up early anyway and they are totally lying, clearly, and I will punish them when I get home. You know. Because of the lying?)

Okay. All that said… c’mon, Mom. Admit it.

This? This right here?!

Well, it’s small moments such as this that make it all TOTALLY worth it.

Comments

7 Responses to “Mom, Your Freudian Slip is Showing”

1. Paige on October 15th, 2010 8:29 am

Dude! I totally wish I had been present for that taters update. I can only imagine the laughter. So awesome

2. cat on October 15th, 2010 11:20 am

Well, let’s just say I MAY have– perhaps!– freaked out some of my fellow Metro commuters. You know, due to the whole laughed-so-hard-I-almost-Lizzed thing?

3. Super Sarah on October 15th, 2010 1:42 pm

Hahahahahaha!!! *ouch* That laughing out loud stuff hurts! But this time it was totally worth it, thanks for the laugh! Makes me want to actually pay attention to the Farmville status updates.

4. Monique on October 15th, 2010 3:31 pm

LOL that is too funny! Nice post Cat!

5. Marie Matola on November 5th, 2010 3:36 pm

Oh, Cafe World is worse….. I loved it when i first started playing. But soon realized it was consuming me…. Send this – accept that – cook – clean – neighbors neighbors neighbors….. I took all my decor down made my walls grey and made my avitar look dead… lol – I changed the name of my cafe to CLOSED..

Truly miss it but; will NEVER return….

6. Jenny on November 14th, 2011 11:05 pm

Haha, that is a hilarious post!

7. Kim on May 12th, 2014 8:50 am

Hahaha. Mom does have huge taters! I totally missed seeing that post! You both are hilarious. 🙂 I am so glad I don’t have a boring family! Love you guys!

Got something to say?